Seaward E-News

HSE penalises electrical safety failure

 

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has highlighted the risks associated with electrical safety in a case where a North London labourer received life-threatening burn injuries in an explosion when he severed a 415-volt electrical cable, unaware it was still live, a court has heard.

Read more :-Electrical Safety Failure

New HSE guides on electrical safety of entertainment equipment

 

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has updated two leaflets providing guidance on the use of entertainment equipment.

Separate documents are provided for owners of equipment and those organisations managing entertainment venues.

Readmore :-New HSE guides

PC tablet charger safety concerns

 

Trading Standards officers have raised concerns over a brand of chargers for PC tablets sold at a local market.

Nottinghamshire residents who bought a PC tablet from Retford Markets are being warned about safety concerns regarding chargers with a particular model that has been sold in the last three months.

Readmore :-PC tablet charger safety concerns

Campaign to check safety of plug-in night lights

 

Darlington Council's trading standards team has secured £8,000 of government funding to test the safety of plug-in nightlights on sale in the borough.

Readmore :-Safety of plug-in night lights